News 29 Feb 2024

By My Side Survey

Self Directed Support Scotland are doing a research project called By My Side, all about the support people get when they need help to navigate and organise social care. 

There are organisations across Scotland which are independent from the council and can give you help and advice about social care (this is sometimes called Self-directed Support, or SDS).  

They include organisations like: 

  • Independent SDS support services 
  • Carers’ centre 
  • Advocacy services 
  • Brokerage services 
  • Peer Support groups 

If you have had help from an organisation like this over the past year, they want to find out about your experience. 

Click here to find out more