A list of jobs available that we post on behalf of employers
The Self-directed Support Service supports people to employ their own Personal Assistants and/or purchase services using SDS Option 1 (Direct Payments).
As an organisation we are not the employer but we assist people to recruit staff.
If you are employed, your contract will be with the person in receipt of the SDS funding and not with Dundee Carers Centre or the SDS Service.
- Hours: Saturday and Sunday 9.30am – 1.30pm
- Rate of Pay: £12.50 per hour
Personal Care Assistants are required for woman living with partner and two cats in family home in Dundee.
Duties will include assisting with personal care and daily living tasks. An ideal candidate should have good communication skills, be physically fit, reliable, a good listener, patient, understanding and able to do tasks under instruction, though the ability to use initiative is also required.
It is also essential that you are a ‘cat lover’ and not allergic. Females only need apply as permitted under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
You will be joining an already established team and will be required to work weekends.
You must also be available to cover through the week on occasions if one of the other Personal Assistants are sick or on holiday.
If you would like to apply please forward the completed application form to [email protected]
Hours: 3 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £11.50 per week
Personal Assistant required to support a boy of 5 with non-verbal Autism to engage him in activities within the local community to encourage his independence and social/emotional development.
- Applicant must have experience in dealing with children with Autism and have an understanding of the different needs and challenges related to Autism.
- Applicant should have a caring nature and be calm and patient, but also be confident to set the boundaries needed for his emotional and behavioral regulation.
- Applicant must be willing to be flexible and willing to work with the family to provide the best care for our son.
- PVG is essential.
- Car driver is essential. Must have business insurance on their car.
Please email completed application form to [email protected]
New! Personal Assistant
Hours: 16 hours per week (Morning, lunchtime, teatime, and night)
Rate of Pay: £12 per hour
A woman with MS is looking to employ Personal Assistants to enable her to live independently in her own home assisting with personal care, daily living, tasks around the house and social support.
- Confidentiality and respect for privacy is of the utmost importance.
- The employer is a writer and artist and is committed to remaining a member of the local artistic community, she may therefore require some support with her work. She loves her garden, is a fan of rugby and is also a keen cook.
- Applicants must have a caring attitude, be reliable with a positive and flexible approach to work.
- Flexibility is required as there will be a requirement to cover for other staff during periods of sickness or annual leave.
- Females only need apply as permitted under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010
- An Enhanced PVG check will be carried out prior to commencement of employment.
- The role is carried out in a non-smoking environment.
- A full driving licence would be advantageous.
Apply for this post
- Hours: Wednesdays 6.15-9.30pm. Thursdays 6:15-9.30pm. Sundays 11am – 4pm (Every 3rd Sunday off)
- Rate of Pay: £11.50 per hour
“I am a 43 year-old wheelchair user, who has cerebral palsy, MS and learning disability. I live with my parents and attend a day centre. I like to socialise in the evenings and at weekends. I have a good sense of humour and can communicate well. I am looking for a personal assistant, who will help me to be as independent as possible and who is fun-loving.”
- Transport to and assist with activities, e.g .shopping, cinema, theatre, outings etc.;
- Help with feeding; Assistance with personal care.
- You must respect the confidentiality of your employer at all times.
- You must be willing to undertake basic training as required.
- You should be willing to provide cover for other personal assistants holidays and sickness absence if required.
- Car driver and non-smoker essential.
- Reliability and flexibility essential.
Closing date is 26th April 2022
Apply for this post
If you are interested in this post please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
- Hours: Monday 8am- 5.30pm, Wednesday 8am – 5.30pm, Thursday 8am– 1pm
- Rate of Pay: £10.02 per hour
I am a woman with MS and epilepsy living with my husband in our home in Forfar. I need someone to assist me with all aspects of everyday tasks.
My memory is not very good and I forget things easily I also confabulate a lot so final decisions lie with my guardians who are my husband and my mother.
I like to be kept busy and stimulated with a variety of different activities and also require help with housework and making meals.
Females only need apply as permitted under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Driving licence essential
Apply for this post
Our application form is available in Word and Editable PDF.
If you have issues with any of these formats please call 01382 200422 and a member of staff can send out an application form to you.
Download an application form
Completed forms can be emailed to the SDS worker or [email protected]