Carers Winter Assistance Fund
Dundee Carers Centre have been awarded funds from Dundee Health & Social Care Partnership to help to alleviate the increasing financial pressures that will be experienced by carers in the city between now and March 2023 and in recognition of the enormous role they play in our communities.
The Carers Winter Assistance Fund will provide financial assistance to unpaid carers in greatest need where they are unable to access financial help in other ways e.g., Scottish Welfare Fund.
Below are some examples but they are not restrictive to what you can apply for:
- Food and fuel (including public transport)
- White goods
- Winter clothing
- Bedding, furniture
- In exceptional circumstances, the panel will consider requests for other items which may relieve winter cost pressures on carers
Dundee Carers Centre cannot accept applications for:
- Anything that has already been purchased
- This fund is not for funding a short break.
(If you want to find out more about funding a short break, contact the Short Breaks Service at Dundee Carers Centre.)
Closing Date is 5pm on 17th March 2023.
All applications must include the name and contact details of one professional member of the community who has agreed to support your application.
The professional will know about your caring situation and could be contacted by us about your application. This could be a worker at Dundee Carers Centre or another organisation that supports you, for example a social worker, health worker, GP, OT, teacher, or support worker.
If you are not in direct contact with a professional call Dundee Carers Centre on 01382 200422 and ask for help with this.
Please read the guidance notes for more information and full criteria.
How to apply:
Applications can be made to the fund by doing one of the following options:
- Complete the online application form
Click here to access
- If you require support to complete this application online, you should ask the professional supporting you to assist you or contact the Carers Centre on 01382 200422 for an appointment for support to complete online.
We expect to receive a high number of applications and the funding available is limited, therefore the fund could close sooner than this date and at short notice.
Applications will be assessed on a first come first served basis.